LACDL MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
- CLE Seminars, LACDL sponsors four-seven CLE seminars each year, all at a discounted rates for members. The seminars feature practitioners of contemporary trial tactics along with state and nationally recognized experts to discuss legal issues challenging the criminal defense bar.
- Membership Directory, LACDL’s Membership Directory provides quick access to Louisiana’s leading criminal defense lawyers.
- Discussion Forums/Listserv, LACDL Discussion Forums/ListServe are reserved for members of LACDL. It provides a quick and easy way to contact colleagues to discuss pressing legal issues and hard to answer questions.
- Attorney Assistance, LACDL members are ready to step in when member attorneys are prosecuted, subpoenaed or cited for contempt for their vigorous defense of their clients.
- Legislative Advocacy, LACDL has an aggressive program of legislative action. We retain a Lobbyist who, along with the Legislative Committee, provides continuous and aggressive representation on issues of importance to the criminal defense bar.
- Membership Updates, the LACDL Advocate offers great information to members.
- Amicus Action, the LACDL Amicus Committee files briefs in state and federal courts each year, providing defense counsel and the judiciary with expertise on issues affecting the constitutional rights of the accused.
- State Office, LACDL has its state office in Baton Rouge with full-time staff to assist members.
- LACDL Website, with LACDL’s Website, www.lacdl.org, members can stay abreast of all upcoming events and network with others in the industry.
MEMBERSHIP DUES CATEGORIES
- Law Student Member - Only people who are enrolled in a university program will qualify for student membership. With the payment of your dues, student members can attend all LACDL CLE seminars for FREE!
- New Attorney Member - Only attorneys who have been practicing for 2 years or less qualify for this membership type. Dues include a 6 hour voucher for LACDL seminars.
- Associate/Non-Lawyer Member - Associate members are non-lawyers who support LACDL. This includes paralegals, private investigators, supporting organizations, etc. If you are an attorney, you do not qualify for this membership.
- Indigent Defender Member - An indigent Defender member is someone who works in the public defense area. Dues include a 6 hour voucher for LACDL seminars. There is a discount for any full PD Office that would like to join.
- Regular Member - This type is open to attorney's practicing criminal defense. Dues include a 6 hour CLE voucher for LACDL seminars.
- Sustaining Member - Sustaining members believe in and support LACDL by paying an amount over and above the minimum required to continue membership. This member type includes a 12.5 hour CLE voucher for LACDL seminars.
- Lifetime Member - Lifetime members show their support of LACDL by paying a one-time membership fee and are entitled to all LACDL services and are exempt from paying annual membership dues and seminar registration fees. In addition, you are allowed to attend all LACDL hosted seminars free of charge.